Ready for Earrings?
Visit Us in Grande Prairie for Quality Piercing
Merle Norman & InSPArations Day Spa is your source for dependable ear & nose piercings. We have pierced over 20,000 pairs of ears in the Grande Prairie region & take pride in educating our estheticians on safe & effective piercing. The following should answer your questions about the process. If you have additional questions, or would like to book a session, please give us a call or contact us online.
How much does it cost?
We clean, numb, and pierce the ears at the same time so appointments are required to ensure we have two estheticians available
- Ear piercing fee is $25 plus the cost of earrings (sold in pairs)
- Cartilage piercing is $25 per piercing (singular) plus studs (only sold in a pair so you will have an extra)
- The cost of the earrings ranges between $40 to $200 per pair
- The optional cleaning solution is an additional $8.50
- We have a large variety of studs to choose from in stainless surgical steel, 14k gold, yellow gold, rose gold and titanium for our more sensitive clients.
- We have medical devices (spring free) for your best piercing experience.
We pierce with a medical device designed and controlled by hand pressure. The piercing area is cleaned, numbed, and pierced with a different medical device every time.
- Nose piercing fee is $99-$125(stainless steel or white gold): includes the piercing stud
- The cleaning solution is an additional $8.50
- White gold ($125) and stainless surgical steel ($99) stud options
- We do not pierce noses with a backing. The reason is to ensure you are able to easily remove the piercing due to complications. We recommend backings after the healing period.
How old do you have to be?
For guests under the age of 18 years, a parent or guardian must sign a consent form.
Do you pierce babies?
Yes. We have no restrictions on the age of the infant. The ear lobes must be be the size of 1/2 a dime so the butterfly backing is not visible from the front. An adult must be willing to assist in holding the infant; however, some mothers find it easier not to be present during the piercing.
NOTE: On rare occasions there may be a "pinch mark" left on the cheek near the ear lobe from the piercing system.
Is piercing safe?
We only use pre-sterilized, pre-packaged earrings. We NEVER use needles. The piercing instruments are cleaned before and after each guest, and have disposable parts so it is safe and hygienic. We clean, numb and pierce both ears at the same time.
Can I bring in my own earrings and have you put them in?
No. We only pierce with studs purchased at our studio. You will be able to enjoy your earrings in 4 to 6 weeks time.
What happens if they are not straight?
We always premark the dots and have you confirm placement prior to piercing. On occasion the placement may not be 'exactly right' - depending on how close it is we may need to remove the stud, have it grow in and re-pierce at a later date OR if there is enough space between the piercing site and the ideal spot - they can be redone the same day.
Ear Piercing After Care
- Cleanse the earlobes at least twice a day (morning and night), WITHOUT REMOVING THE EARRINGS. Dab a saturated Q-tip on the front and back with ear care antiseptic (available at InSPArations). DO NOT USE "Rubbing Alcohol" as this may dry or crack the skin.
- After cleansing the earlobe, rotate the earrings (like winding a watch) two or three times.
- As much as possible keep shampoo and hair spray away from the earlobe. After shampooing, the earlobe should be thoroughly rinsed with clear water, then repeat Step 1.
- The trainings stud should NOT be removed for 4 - 6 weeks. Note: Some type of post earrings should be worn for at least the first 6 months.
- To remove the training studs: If backing clasp is tight, it can be spread using pliers or tweezers. Hold backing clasp firmly and twist the earring as you pull away from the ear lobe. WARNING: Should prolonged redness, irritation, itching, or soreness occur in the area of the piercing, consult your physician.